TO THE HOLY FACE OF JESUS
Become a "Defender of the Holy Name of God"
Why should we practice this devotion?
1. Our Lord told Sr. Mary of St. Peter that He wanted this devotion established in every diocese of the world.
2. Jesus gave Sister Mary of St. Peter many wonderful promises for those who would practice it.
3. He directed the Pope to establish it by Papal Bull so that it would never perish. This was done by Pope Leo XIII in 1885.
4. God performed miracles for thirty years before the picture of the suffering Face of Jesus to attest to the truth of the revelations made to Sister Mary of St. Peter.
5. Our Lord said to Sister Mary, "Rejoice, My daughter, because the hour approaches when the most beautiful work under the sun will be born."
This devotion was universally practiced before World War I, but has since declined.
This was the favorite devotion of St. Theresa of Lisieux, so much so that she chose for her religious name "St Theresa of the Child Jesus and of the Holy Face". She said that the suffering, wounded Face of her dear Jesus was the foundation of all her piety.
Every Sunday and Holy
Day of Obligation those members of our Chapel who
are able to, and wish to stay until about 12:30pm,
join together in the Chapel, in front of the Blessed
Sacrament, and recite the prayers of reparation to
the Holy Face of Jesus - length about eight minutes.
These prayers primarily consist of the "Golden
Arrow" and "Litany of the Holy Face of Jesus"
For more detailed information, please obtain a Holy Face Pamphlet at the Chapel bookstore, and see June Sheahan.
PROMISES OF OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST
To Sr. Mary of St. Peter, Carmelite Nun of Tours, France, in favor of those who honor His Holy Face